Teacher of the Year (TOTY)
The San Luis Obispo County Office of Education (SLOCOE) selects a County Teacher of the Year from the San Luis Obispo County District Nominees received for the current year. District Nominees must meet the criteria established by the California Department of Education (CDE) for this program as listed on the Eligibility, Application and Selection form (listed below) and complete the CDE TOTY Application (listed below).
It is the responsibility of the TOTY to complete the CDE application and submit it to the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education by the designated date in order to participate in the program.
This is an exciting program that the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education is proud to participate in as we work together to recognize the contributions of our teachers and the excellence in instruction and educational support that our teachers strive to provide our students.
The levels of participation are as follows:
- District Nominee: Districts select from their staff and submits to SLOCOE – by early June
- County TOTY: SLOCOE selects from District Nominees that complete the CDE State TOTY Application – by July
- State TOTY: CDE Selects from California County Office of Education applications received – by late October
Teacher of the Year 2017 – District Information:
Teacher of the Year 2017 – Teacher Application Process:
- Program Overview
- Timeline of Activities
- Eligibility – Application and Selection
- Application FILLABLE
- Application Instructions
- How to use the fill-in form
- Teacher of the Year Duties
The application process and rules are determined by California Department of Education.