Message from Terri
In Mathematics we provide direct services to districts, through coaching, modeling, curricular alignment and content and pedagogical workshops that support students and teachers with the California Common Core State Standards. We also provide activities that provide support and learning in best practices, content, curriculum and assessment that teachers and leaders need to provide a high quality mathematics experience for our county students.
- Achieve the Core – This website is full of free content designed to help educators understand and implement the Common Core and other college and career ready standards.
- Illustrative Mathematics – Providing instructional and assessment tasks, lesson plans, and other resources for teachers, assessment writers, and curriculum developers since 2011.
- Inside Mathematics – A professional resource for educators passionate about improving students’ mathematics learning and performance
- Mathematics Assessment Project – The project set out to design and develop well-engineered tools for formative and summative assessment that expose students’ mathematical knowledge and reasoning, helping teachers guide them towards improvement and monitor progress.
- You Cubed – Inspiring Math Success for all Students through Growth Mindsets and Innovative Teaching.
- Illuminations – Illuminations is the primary contributor of resources for teaching and learning mathematics for grades pre-K—12.
- Open Middle – Challenging math problems worth solving
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics – Adopted August 2010 and Modified January 2013
- Mathematics Framework – 2013 Revision of the Mathematics Framework