California Preschool Instructional Network
REGION 8 – COSTA DEL SUR
The California Preschool Instructional Network (CPIN), funded by the State Department of Education, Child Development Division, is comprised of Eleven regional networks. Region 8 serves Kern, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties.
- Establish and maintain a regional network of administrators and leaders of early care and education/school readiness programs.
- Develop and/or support regional communication and collaboration systems among various stakeholders in early care and education/school readiness.
- Promote smooth transitions from preschool to kindergarten for all children, including English Language Learners and those with special needs
To provide high quality professional development for preschool administrators and teacher/leaders that will consist of:
- Current research, resources and best practices
- Focus on the educational component of school readiness for all children aged three to five, including English learners and children with special needs
- Focus on language and literacy, numeracy and other content areas as related to Preschool Learning Foundations
- About CPIN CPIN State Website
- Special Education
- English Language Learners
- Language & Literacy
- Calendar of Events
- Preschool Learning Foundations
- Desired Results for Children & Families