Early Learning Centers
By California State and First 5 SLO
This year, the ELC applications will be available fully online. Due to the current conditions caused by COVID 19, our Fall enrollment process is pending guidelines that will be established by the California Department of Education and our County Public Health Department. In the meantime, we will be establishing a waitlist for each of our 8 locations in SLO county.
If you require a paper application, please complete the APPLICATION REQUEST FORM.
Este año, las aplicaciones ELC estarán disponibles completamente en línea. Debido a las condiciones actuales causadas por COVID 19, nuestro proceso de inscripción de otoño está pendiente de pautas que serán establecidas por el Departamento de Educación de California y el Departamento de Salud Pública de nuestro condado. Mientras tanto, estableceremos una lista de espera para cada una de nuestras 8 ubicaciones en el condado de SLO.
OUR CHILD EDUCATION PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Physical development – small muscle and large muscle coordination skills.
- Dental, nutrition and safety education.
- Emotional and social development through play with other children.
- Breakfast or a nutritious snack is provided daily through the Child & Adult Care Food Program.
- Child-directed activities to develop independence, problem-solving, decision-making and creative thinking skills.
- Teacher-planned activities to expand the children’s interests and knowledge.
- Language development and communication skills.
- Cognitive development – pre-academic skills for reading, mathematics and science.
- Creative exploration – art, music, dance, and drama
OUR PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM INCLUDES OPPORTUNITIES TO:
- Focus on the important role parents play in their child’s education.
- Build supportive relationships with other parents and teachers.
- Listen to speakers on topics such as positive discipline, health and nutrition, preparing your child for kindergarten, first aid, child safety both indoors and outside, etc.
- Learn about physical, cognitive, emotional, social and creative development of children.
- One of the most important aspects of our program is “parent education and involvement”.
The following participation is needed in order to ensure the required adult/child ratios for licensing and the educational goals for both the children and families in our program:
- Assure full attendance for your child (5 days per week for a 3 hour period)
- Transport your child to and from school at the designated time (we do not offer transportation)
- Attend parent education meetings; and
- Participate twice per month in the classroom
- Atascadero Early Learning Center
- Grover Beach Early Learning Center
- Nipomo Early Learning Center
- Oceano Early Learning Center
- Paso Robles Early Learning Centers
- San Miguel Early Learning Center
- Classroom Hours 8:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Winifred Pifer Elementary 1350 Creston Rd., Room 703 Paso Robles, CA 93446
- 805-769-1300 x 24703
- Classroom Hours 8:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. & 12:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
First 5 Early Education Center 3600 Oak St. Room 103 Paso Robles, CA 93446
Director, Early Learning Educational Support
Administrative Assistant II
- August: Our academic year begins
- March 15th: Last day to apply for the running school year
- April: Applications for the upcoming school year are released
- May: Early enrollment begins