Early Learning Centers
By California State and First 5 SLO
OUR CHILD EDUCATION PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Physical development – small muscle and large muscle coordination skills.
- Dental, nutrition and safety education.
- Emotional and social development through play with other children.
- Breakfast or a nutritious snack is provided daily through the Child & Adult Care Food Program.
- Child-directed activities to develop independence, problem-solving, decision-making and creative thinking skills.
- Teacher-planned activities to expand the children’s interests and knowledge.
- Language development and communication skills.
- Cognitive development – pre-academic skills for reading, mathematics and science.
- Creative exploration – art, music, dance, and drama
OUR PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM INCLUDES OPPORTUNITIES TO:
- Focus on the important role parents play in their child’s education.
- Build supportive relationships with other parents and teachers.
- Listen to speakers on topics such as positive discipline, health and nutrition, preparing your child for kindergarten, first aid, child safety both indoors and outside, etc.
- Learn about physical, cognitive, emotional, social and creative development of children.
- One of the most important aspects of our program is “parent education and involvement”.
The following participation is needed in order to ensure the required adult/child ratios for licensing and the educational goals for both the children and families in our program:
- Assure full attendance for your child (5 days per week for a 3 hour period)
- Transport your child to and from school at the designated time (we do not offer transportation)
- Attend parent education meetings; and
- Participate twice per month in the classroom
- Atascadero Early Learning Center
- Grover Beach Early Learning Center
- Nipomo Early Learning Center
- Oceano Early Learning Center
- Paso Robles Early Learning Centers
- San Miguel Early Learning Center
- Classroom Hours 8:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Winifred Pifer Elementary 1350 Creston Rd., Room 703 Paso Robles, CA 93446
- 805-769-1300 x 24703
- Classroom Hours 8:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. & 12:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
First 5 Early Education Center 3600 Oak St. Room 103 Paso Robles, CA 93446
Director, Early Learning Educational Support
Administrative Assistant II
- August: Our academic year begins
- March 15th: Last day to apply for the running school year
- April: Applications for the upcoming school year are released
- May: Early enrollment begins