Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is defined as the process through which all young people and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to:
- develop healthy identities,
- manage emotions and achieve personal and collective goals,
- feel and show empathy for others,
- establish and maintain supportive relationships,
- and make responsible and caring decisions.
California Transformative SEL Competencies
The ESS Support Systems Team provides support to leaders, educators, staff and the community through professional development, coaching, communities of practice, and book studies.
SEL Curriculum Guidance
SDCOE Resource Library
OCDE Resource Library
SDCOE Planning tools
CASEL District Resource Center