Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on YouTube
Follow us on LinkedIn

Child Development Permits

Child Development Permits are issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to authorize service to students in child development programs serving children from infancy through elementary school.

  • Assistant Teacher
  • Associate Teacher
  • Teacher
  • Master Teacher
  • Site Supervisor
  • Program Director

Child Development Permits are issued for five years and have renewal requirements written on the face of the document.  Please read your document carefully so that you know what you will need to do in order to be eligible to renew or upgrade your document before it expires.  Some documents require professional growth activities in order to renew.

View or print your credential

The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides stipends to pay for permit and fingerprint fees for individuals applying for or renewing a Child Development Permit, whether or not the individual is presently employed in a position requiring the permit. Due to budget reductions, not all permits are eligible for reimbursement. The following permits ARE eligible for reimbursement as funding allows:

  • Assistant (first time and renewal)
  • Associate Teacher (first time, renewal, upgrade)
  • Teacher (first time, renewal, upgrade)
  • Upgrades from one of the above to Master Teacher, Site Supervisor, or Program Director

For initial issuance of a Child Development Permit please follow these steps:

  • Review the qualifications matrix to determine which permit is appropriate for you
  • Complete the 41-4 application
  • Complete the CDTC application/survey form
  • Complete verification of employment (if required for your permit)
  • Obtain sealed transcripts (if required for your permit)
  • Submit Livescan fingerprints to CTC .  You will need your fingerprint receipt in order to be reimbursed for the fee from CDTC.
  • Make an appointment to submit your paperwork – 782-7248

Renewing Your Child Development Permit:

Child Development Permits have renewal requirements printed on the face of the document. Please ensure that you have met these requirements before you apply to renew your permit.

Teacher, Master Teacher, Site Supervisor, and Program Director permits are renewable online. This is fast and easy. If you try to renew your permit online and receive an error message, contact our office at 782-7248 for assistance.

After you complete the online renewal, you may complete the CDTC application to apply for reimbursement of the renewal fee. Submit this form to our office with a copy of your payment confirmation receipt and we will complete Section D and submit it to CDTC for processing. Due to funding constraints the only online renewal eligible for reimbursement is the Teacher permit.

Assistant and Associate Teacher permits are only renewable by paper application at this time.

  • If you are renewing within three years of the initial issuance, please submit your original permit document with your application.
  • If you want CDTC to pay your renewal fee, please complete the CDTC application and submit it with your application. Assistant and Associate Teacher renewals are eligible for reimbursement until funding is exhausted.
  • If your renewal requirements include additional coursework, sealed transcripts must be provided.
  • If experience is required for your renewal, the verification of experience form must be signed by your employer.
Translate »