The SLOCOE Human Resources Department fingerprints all potential school district employees, volunteers for school district programs, various youth groups in the county, and general members of the public needing fingerprint services. There are two locations for obtaining fingerprinting services: Atascadero (8005 Morro Rd. in Atascadero) and the SLOCOE office. Each year SLOCOE fingerprints over 5,000 people.
How do I get Live Scan Fingerprinting Done?
- We do fingerprinting in two locations:
- Morro Road Education Center in Atascadero
Friday – call (805) 782-7236 to set a date and time or schedule an online appointment.
- Operational Services Building (MO/ETC Building) – 3420 Watson Drive in San Luis Obispo at the County Office of Education
Monday-Thursday – call (805) 782-7236 to set a date and time or schedule an online appointment.
- You must bring your driver’s license or other current, official picture identification.
- You may pay the fingerprint fees by cash, check, money order, or VISA/MasterCard/Discover.
- Please discuss the reason for your appointment with the Fingerprint staff at the time of your appointment to be sure you will have the correct fees and paperwork.
- Please allow approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete the actual Live Scan fingerprint processing as well as the required paperwork.
How does Live-Scan work?
- The CrossMatch ID500 Live-Scan Workstation is a fingerprint system that produces forensic-quality tenprint records by electronically scanning and capturing rolled fingerprints.
- Because the process requires no ink and uses advanced electronics to ensure accurate image capture, you get consistently better quality tenprints than with traditional inked fingerprint methods.
- Fingerprinting on the Live Scan reduces the processing “wait” time by up to a month.