COVID-19 Information for SLOCOE Employees
COVID-19 Employee Health & Safety Protocols
Employee Health Protocols
All staff are expected to follow Public Health Guidelines and SLOCOE protocols as they continue to change over the course of the pandemic.
Perform a daily self-assessment before you come to work. Employees experiencing symptoms related to COVID, or other illness, should remain home, communicate with their supervisor and/or Human Resources, and test for COVID/contact healthcare provider for guidance.
- According to the CA Department of Public Health and CDC, people may choose to wear a mask at any time. Masks are recommended in indoor public transportation settings and may be required in other places by local or state authorities. Take action to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 based on the COVID-19 Community Level in your area. After March 11, 2022, the universal masking requirement for K-12 and Childcare settings has been terminated.
- SLOCOE continues to follow Cal OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Non-Emergency Regulations in the workplace.
- Employees are also advised to:
- Practice regular hand washing – 20 seconds – when entering the building, regularly throughout the day, and before exiting.
- Utilize the COVID-19 materials in your department or COVID-19 cart.
- Maintain clutter free surfaces and workstations for efficient and regular cleaning and disinfecting.
- Check in at the COVID-19 cart when entering the worksite for updates and announcements
All staff will be trained in the use of cleaning and disinfecting products and will be expected to clean and disinfect their own work stations and any common areas they use. Custodians will clean and disinfect every night as well.
In the event that visitors need to enter the building, they must obtain prior approval and schedule an appointment. Visitors will be required to sign-in/out and follow all health and safety protocols.
Employee Training - COVID 19 Health and Safety Protocols
Health and Wellness
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 1
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 2
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 3
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 4
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 5
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 6
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 7
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 8
- Mental Health Minute – Episode 9
Health and Wellness County Resources
SLOCOE Health and Fitness Challenge
- California’s Safe Schools for All Plan
- SLO County COVID-19 Vaccine & Testing Information
- Think you caught the Flu?
What about symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test?
Answer: In the event that a staff member exhibits symptoms, has potential exposure, and/or has tested positive for COVID-19, SLOCOE will work with Public Health to implement all necessary communication and follow up to support contact tracing and health and safety of staff. Anyone may call SLO County Public Health if a suspected exposure has occurred.
- March 16, 2020 COVID-19 Employment Related Guidelines, Thomas Alvarez
- June 24, 2020 Increased In-Person Services, Dr. Brescia
- July 1, 2020 COVID-19 Return to On-site Employee Health & Safety Protocols, Thomas Alvarez
- July 12, 2020 Update on Schools, Dr. Brescia
- October 6, 2020 SLOCOE COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols, Thomas Alvarez
- November 12, 2020 UPDATE On-Site COVID-19 Surveillance Testing, Thomas Alvarez
- June 25, 2021 SLOCOE Face Covering Requirements Update July 1, 2021, Thomas Alvarez
- August 25, 20211 SLOCOE Staff Vaccination Verification Testing Workplace Requirements, Thomas Alvarez