Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on YouTube
Follow us on LinkedIn

Credential Renewals

Most documents, including all Clear and Professional Clear Teaching and Service Credentials are now required to be renewed online through the Commission of Teacher Credentialing website.  This is a fast and easy process and you will be issued a new document quickly, usually within 2 weeks.   Some documents are not yet required to be renewed online, such as some Child Development Permits.

Renewals can be done anytime within a year of the document’s expiration date and the renewal date will be assigned to coincide with that expiration date.

If you get an error message on the website that tells you that you do not have a credential that is eligible to be renewed online, print off the error message and contact our office at 782-7248 for assistance.

Online Renewal Application

If your credential document is not required to be renewed online and you prefer a paper application, you may print out the 41-REN, attach a cashier’s check or money order for $100 payable to CTC and send it into our office for processing.  It will take the state up to 4 months to process your application.

Paper Renewal Application

It is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain a valid credential or permit for as long as you are providing service in a position requiring a credential or permit.  California Education Code (EC45034) requires county offices of education to withhold pay warrants for teachers who do not hold the appropriate credential or permit for their assignment.  With the new online renewal requirement, if you wait until your credential or permit has expired before renewing, you could have a gap that puts your paycheck at risk. 

It is also your responsibility to ensure that this valid credential or permit is registered with the County Office of Education.

Translate »